Installing SmartKit Theme from the WordPress admin dashboard
- Navigate to Appearance > Themes. Click Install Themes and click the Upload button.
- Navigate the ksf-smartkit.zip file on your computer and click Install Now, then Activate it.
- Go to Install Plugins and install the required KSF Framework and WPBakery Page Builder, which are the only plugins necessary for the operation of SmartKit and optionally install the extra plugins.
- Activate the WPBakery Page Builder > Role Manager for all the custom post types and make sure you have Gutenberg editor disabled.
- If you need to import Demo Content please proceed with the Demo Contents import.
- It’s required to save Theme Options in order to rebuild theme CSS and JS.
Install theme via FTP
A further option to install the theme would be to upload it via FTP manager. It really doesn’t matter which of the two ways you choose, use this way when you get problems when installing.
- Login to your FTP account and navigate to your WordPress Installation directory.
- Navigate to the folder wp-content/themes.
- Unzip theme archive ksf-smarkit.zip on your device.
- Upload the ksf-smartkit folder (not the .zip-file) to the folder wp-content/themes.
- Log into your WordPress admin dashboard.
- Navigate to Appearance > Themes. Now you will see the theme in the listing, Activate it.
Installation & Update
- Page builder basics
- Enable page builder for custom post types
- Using page builder
- Creating pages and posts
- Building the site header
- Building the site footer
- Using content blocks
- Main layout block, sidebar, titlebar
- Building the post grid/carousel
- Creating the sliders
- Building the modal windows
- Building the forms
- Mega menus